Note: This app is only supported under Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and FireFox.
The Company and Producer Search link below provides information,including orders and exams,about Companies,Producers(Agents/Brokers) and Producer Firms(Agencies)currently licensed to conduct business in Maryland. The information is updated on a weekly basis.
PERFORM A COMPANY AND PRODUCER SEARCH
Click here for listings of Producer Enforcement Summaries.
Examples of information include:
- Company locations in a particular area/zip code.
- The newest active company name on record.
- The new name of a company if that company name has changed.
- Whether a company is licensed to conduct insurance business in Maryland.
- What types of insurance a company is authorized to write in Maryland.
Company Search results will show:
- Company name.
- Company address.
- Telephone number.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) number.
- State of domicile.
- Company status (active or inactive).
- Type of business (e.g. Property & Casualty, Life & Health, etc.).
- Date of most recent business application.
- Lines of business (e.g. HMO, Automobile, etc.).
- Final Market Conduct Examination reports issued since January 1, 2002.
- Final Financial Examination reports issued since January 1, 2002.
- Orders issued since January 1, 2002 (not including Complaint Orders).
PERFORM A PRODUCER (AGENT/BROKER) OR PRODUCER FIRM SEARCH
This search provides information about Producers (Agents/Brokers) and Producer Firms that are currently or were previously licensed to conduct business in Maryland.
The Maryland Insurance Administration does not rank insurance companies.
Click here for a list of companies that rank insurers for financial strength.